As there are talks going on about breakup of Yahoo and Delicious and even there is rumor of Delicious shutting down. If you are worried about your precious bookmarks, then go ahead and take backup of current Delicious bookmarks and download and save that on your local computer. To keep you bookmarks in daily use, you can import that on your regular web browser like Google Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer.
To take the backup of Delicious bookmarks and to download and save that on local computer, just follow the below steps,
- Login to your Delicious account
[ad id='15' style='margin:10px 0;']
- Click on the “Settings” link available on top-right corner of the window
- On Settings page, under “Bookmarks” section, you can see an option as “Export / Backup Bookmarks”
- Click on that option, you will see a new window. There you just need to click on “Export” button
- Now you can see a downloadable HTML file getting saved on your local computer. Save that file on a safe location on your hard disk.
[recommended]You may also like: Save and Sync Chrome Browser’s Bookmarks on Google Docs[/recommended]
To import the downloaded Delicious bookmarks on your browser, you will have to open the “Bookmark Manager” of you browser and then import that downloaded HTML file. As I am using Google Chrome, so I will show you the import example on that browser.
- Under the “Settings” option on Google Chrome browser, you can see “Bookmark Manager” option in the menu list, click on that
- On Bookmark Manager page, click on the “Organize” link available on that page. Now select “Import bookmarks” option over there.
- Now you need to locate the download Delicious backup file i.e. downloaded HTML file. and hit import button. Now you can see all the bookmarks imported in the browser under “Imported” folder.
This is how you can download and save your precious Delicious bookmarks. This kind of backup will help you in moving your current bookmarks on any other service in future.