Wikipedia is no doubt one of the best knowledge source on web. There are more than 3.5 million articles on Wikipedia which is 1488 times more than Encyclopedia Britannica. We find so many interesting information on this wiki to feed our mind. If you want to read Wikipedia offline, then books can be a preferred media. Wikipedia is having an option to let you create a printable copy of Wikipedia pages and let you add them in such a way that you can create a print copy from them. There is a tool called “Book Creator” available on Wikipedia, you just need to enable that and then start adding the wiki pages. Here are simple steps to follow to create a book of Wikipedia articles,
[ad id='15' style='margin:10px 0;']
- Enable “Book Creator” on Wikipedia to get a panel to add/remove wiki pages to your book
- Open articles which you want to add in the book. Once opened, add them into your book by clicking on “Add this page to your book” link available on Book Creator panel
- Once you are done with adding wiki pages into the book, click on “Show book” link available in same panel
- Now you can see options available to do with the book you just created. You can either download the PDF copy of articles you just added or order a print copy i.e. Book
- Wikipedia works with PediaPress to let you create the hard copy of book you just made with Wiki pages. They charge around US $7.90 for a book up to 100 pages. you can have a book of 500 wiki pages at max. If you want more than that, then you will have to create another book.
Video showing Wikipedia Book Creator in action
PediaPress donates around 10% of total cost to Wikimedia Foundation.
This way you can create a hard copy book of Wikipedia articles or download those wiki pages in a PDF format to read them offline.