Marketing for your blog is very important part for getting a good amount of traffic. For that purpose, a customized toolbar created for your blog will work tremendously. You can create a setup file for the installation of your own blog’s toolbar which will appear at the top of the Internet Explorer browser.
There are so many online services available for creating a toolbar for your browser for free. I gone thru the service from Conduit, and found very interesting.
In Conduit, you can create and customize a toolbar according to the theme of your blog or website and user can download the toolbar from your community download center.
Important features of Conduit toolbar creator
- You can customize the toolbar according to the theme of your website or blog
- Add social networking links like Twitter, Digg, Technorati, LinkedIn etc on the toolbar
- Advertise about your own toolbar on your blog/website. Conduit will provide you banners to promote your toolbar. For example, the horizontal kind of banner will be like as below,
- Monetize your toolbar installation by Conduit reward program which included Pay-per-install (PPI) and Promotion bonus as well
- You can add more sticky components like marketing research tips and SEO tips on your toolbar to market that.
Drawbacks of toolbar programs
The toolbar only works with Internet Explorer. It doesn’t work with other browsers like Chrome, Apple Safari etc. For promoting your toolbar, you will have to provide extra space on your blog or website to paste the advertisement.
Toolbar promotion is a very good activity and recommended by many other blogs as well but you will have to analyse whether your viewer uses IE or other browser. Market your blog thru toolbar is recommended from Internet Techies.