Today, external hard disks of 1 Terabyte (TB) or more is available at very cheap price but still we need online places or space to backup important files like photos, videos, documents etc. Still there is high amount of risk in maintaining the backups at home on personal hard disks, that’s why it is suggested to use online storage places. Even today we find so many reputed companies offering free or very cheap data storage on their secured server. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Zoho and many more are providing free space on their maintained servers and we can host our files, photos over there to have a peace of mind. Even if we lose important files because of some crash on our desktop or laptop, we can restore the same from online storage of this kind in no time. Many people are using online backup services to get their data couriered in DVD as well.
Here I have listed few reputed service providers who are offering online cloud (storage) for free or cheaper plans for premium users.
1. Windows Live SkyDrive (25 GB free storage)
2. Gmail Storage (7GB free storage)
3. Dropbox (2GB free storage)
4. ADrive (50 GB free for personal use)
5. Esnips (5GB for free)
Some of these online services also provide free online storage for backup under basic plans. Their free usage are mentioned as well.[ad id=’15’ style=’margin:10px 0;’]
1. Mozy (125 GB at $9.99 per month)
2. ADrive (100GB at $139.50 per yr.)
3. Google Apps (25 GB at $50 per yr.)
4. Zoho (1GB free, 15GB for $9 per month)
5. Dropbox (100 GB for $19.99 per month)
6. MediaPro (100 GB at $9 per month)
7. Box.net (5GB free, 50GB at $19.99 per month)
8. Flickr (100MB free per month, Unlimited uploads at $24.95 per yr.)
9. Amazon S3 (Pricing details)
10. Carbonite (Unlimited backup at $54.95 per yr.)
11. SugarSync (5GB free, 60GB at $99.99 per yr.)
As you can see some of the tools like Dropbox, SugarSync etc. are having automatic synchronization on desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices like Android, BlackBerry, iPhone etc. That means, you can view stored files from anywhere at any point of time. Some of the services are having automatic backups tools (desktop tools) to backup your data on scheduled time.
Are you using any online storage tool for taking files, website backup? Share your favorite tool for this purpose through comments.