Facebook Story: Took two weeks to create and now celebrating 5 years journeyBy Sanjeev Mishra on May 21, 2009@sonziv
Facebook is celebrating its 5’th birthday and still the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg feels that there he is not finished yet. The remarkable journey of Facebook started from a pet college project in a dorm room and rise has been regarded as 150 million users.
24-year-old Mr. Zuckerberg said, "The culture of the internet has also changed pretty dramatically over the past five years. As we celebrate Facebook’s 5th birthday, we continue to work hard to evolve Facebook and make it as simple as possible to communicate with and understand the people and entities that matter to you," .
Here is the full interview of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg talks to BBC’s Rory Cellan-Jones in October 2008 where he has explained why the revenue is so important for Facebook and what the future plans for this huge community.
Here are some important facts and numbers related to Facebook,
- Mr Zuckerberg was just 24 when he created Facebook
- Took 2 weeks to create the website and community called Facebook
- 150 million users worldwide compared to 130 million users of MySpace
- Launched in 2004 as a college project from Harvard dorm room
- At the end of 2005, Facebook hit the UK and today the site is translated across 35 languages with another 60 in development.
- Everyday more than 15 million users update their status
- More than 70% of users are outside the United States
- The average user has 120 friends on the site
- Within 24 hours, 1,200 Harvard students had signed up in 2004
Many many returns of the day Facebook, you really deserve accolades from all of us as we are thankful to you for connecting us with our old friends. cheers.
Subscribe to Blog via Email