Many people uses Internet for Online Video viewing purpose. comScore released its December online video viewing statistics yesterday. According to the report, December was record setting for the online video industry, reporting a growth of 13% over November in U.S. online video viewing. YouTube capitalized on that gain, accounting for 49% of the gain.
YouTube is going high and the distances from the competitors are getting bigger and bigger.
- Google video sites also surpassed 100 million viewers in December.
- 78.5 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 309 minutes of video, or more than 5 hours.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.2 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 10.1 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
Google is now market leader in many sections of Internet and will continue doing so in future as well. Competitors like Yahoo, Microsoft, Fox will have to come up with some new and interesting ideas for existence. Kindly let us know your views in this regard.