Start using Internet Explorer 8 or Chrome without any installation
Many times you don’t want to install a browser on your machine but you need to test your webpage or blog’s look on that browser. If you want to carry your browser in a flash drive, in that case too you don’t need to install the browser in the stick. Xenocode (a team of veteran Microsoft engineers and academic researchers) developed an instantly executable file for most of the browsers which can be used anywhere without any installation.
I tried with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8, and it worked fine for me. I downloaded the .exe file of Google Chrome and IE8 from Xenocode and clicked on that file. That’s all you need to do and your browser will start. Which means,
No Installation, No Restriction of a single machine. Below attached is the screenshot of the Google Chrome application launcher from Xenocode.
Procedure for Downloading the .exe file of browser:
- Click on the Big Green (Power) button on the application launcher..
- Save the .exe file on your machine
- Click on that exe file and start the browser
For Instant start of browser from the web,
- Open the Xenocode page on Mozilla Firefox browser on your machine
- Click on the “Enable Click Start” button at the right top corner of the above attached screen
- Once the installation gets completed, restart the browser
- Now click on the Big Green button, and your opted browser will get open there only.
So there are two ways of experiencing the latest browsers without any installation. In one case, you can have .exe on your machine and play with that. And in case 2, you can feel the browser on the web itself, i.e. without having .exe on your machine.
As we talked earlier, you can carry these browsers in your flash drive and use them anywhere on any system. The way in which Xenocode created these .exe can be learned by using Virtual Application Studio. By using this software, you can create a packed .exe for any application. Those applications will be easier to carry and delivered.