Google Wave is a real time communication platform where one can work and communicate together. Almost all the aspects of communication are covered under it, for example it is having email, instant messaging, chatting, wikis, project management etc. Google is planning to launch this platform in October or November month of this year.
Important Activities On Wave
- From the initial look, it seems that one can share images between his friends and perform real time communication for that as well. kind of real time comments.
- Playback any part of wave to see what was communicated at that time
- Waves can be embedded on blogs and websites and invite viewers to join your wave
- Just drag and drop file sharing which means no concept of attachments
- Language translation and spelling correction will be done on fly in Wave
- Developers can develop gadgets for Wave. It is going to be an open source platform
Screenshot of Google Wave
This many features are more than enough for creating initial excitement within the bloggers, developers and Internet users. There are some special terminologies which are going to be a part of this future of communication application. Some of them are as,
- Wavelet – It is a threaded conversation (something like threaded comments on blogs). It is like a small part of a larger communication.
- Blip – It is a single individual message. So new term for messaging is “Blip”.
Wait for 3 or 4 months to get a feel of Google Wave, it seems that Google Wave will change the way of communication in coming days.