Everyone talks about Google and its search methodologies and even its home page design. But whatever you know about Google, if that is not enough then go thru the below attached 60 minutes video presentation by “Marissa Mayer” – Vice President of Search Product.
Here is a small introduction about Marissa Mayer,
Mayer was the first female engineer hired at Google and one of their first 20 employees, joining the company in early 1999. Fortune magazine lists her as one of the 50 most powerful women in the world (the 50th), and the youngest woman ever to make the list. – Wikipedia
Video Presentation at Google I/O Developers Conference,
Some of the important points discussed in this presentation are:
1. Why Google Home page is so simple
2. How Google perform user testing on different locations to measure user experiences
3. How the search infrastructure works and throws results for different keywords
4. Google is looking at the future experience so what are those visions
5. How Google treat design as science rather than an art
6. Creativity required for iGoogle
And many more things are covered in this 60 minutes video which may benefit you as a blogger as well. By implementing these things in your own blog, you can also provide a good user experience to your readers. Technology up gradation is one thing but design and content with users feedback is another thing. You should know how your readers feels about your page loading time and other things related to your blog.