After using Opendns for long time, now you can change to google dns servers which is expected to be faster and secured. Here is the google dns server address and how-to guide to set up that on your computer.
Google recently introduced the Public DNS for Internet users. Anyone can use this public DNS for faster and secure web browsing. If currently you are using DNS provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or Open DNS then you can change the network settings to use Google Public DNS.
Google Public DNS IP addresses are :
Open DNS IP addresses are:
For BSNL Broadband Users in India, DNS IP addresses are,
If you are new to Networking and DNS changes, then here is the step by step guide to change the DNS on your network settings so that you can use Google or other DNS for faster web connection.
1. Go to the ‘Control Panel’ ==> ‘Network Connections’ in Windows XP or ‘Start ==> Network ==> Network and Sharing Management ==> ‘Manage Network Connection’ in Windows Vista
2. Right Click on the ‘Local Are Network Connection’ which is used for ‘Internet Connection’ on your computer
3. Click on ‘Properties’ from the right click menu items
4. Select ‘Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on ‘Properties’ box
5. Enter the DNS values in ‘Use the following DNS Server addresses’. For example, I entered Google Public DNS IPs in these boxes.
6. Click on OK to apply changes and then connect to Internet. Now you are using Google Public DNS
As I am using Google Public DNS and previously I was using Open DNS, Let me tell you that Google is going to dominate the Internet thru this new initiative. Google Public DNS is much faster than Open DNS and working fine for me.