How to hide Facebook Profile from Indexing on Search Engines like GoogleBy Sanjeev Mishra on December 12, 2009@clickonf5
Google, Yahoo and Bing integrated the real time search results on their pages. Before that as well they were showing the facebook profile page of facebook users on their search results for certain keywords. If you want to hide your facebook profile (for some personal reasons) from indexing on search engines like google, Yahoo, Bing etc then you can use the Privacy Settings properly to control that.
Privacy Settings to avoid showing your profile on Search Engines
1. Login to your facebook account and go to the Settings tab at top – right corner of profile page
2. Select “Privacy Settings” from the dropdown
3. Select “Search” from the list of security options
4. Click on “Change Settings”, a popup will prompt asking for your facebook password
5. Enter you password and then uncheck the box “Allow Indexing” under Public Search ResultsYou should complete this settings changes just after creating your account as it is difficult to avoid showing your profile after indexing is done. Your profile indexing may take at least 5 – 6 days for completion, so remove the check under this period only.