BlackBerry users may face the problem related to Internet browsing using EDGE, GPRS, 3G connections where Wi-Fi is not there. In that case, the browser like Opera Mini will throw you a message as “This is a wi-fi service. Please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again”. Or you may see message as “Unable to connect. Please review your network settings”. As you are having a data plan from service provider then you should be able to access Internet without any issue. Of course the problem is with the settings of your BlackBerry device and after reading this post, you will be able to browse Internet without any problem.
To browse Internet on BlackBerry device without using Wi-Fi, here are some steps to follow,
- Go to Options ==> Advance Option ==> Host Routing Table and select it
- Scroll down to the list of GPRS or other services and find one service which is in bold
- Highlight that service by moving your cursor over there and then click on “BB Menu” button of your device
- Now select “Register Now” option of the menu. You will receive a message saying that “registration completed”.
- Go to Options ==> Advance Options ==> Browser and select Default browser configuration as “Internet Browser”
Now you should be able to access Internet on BlackBerry browser which is developed by RIM only. To access Internet on Opera Mini browser, You will have to make one more change in your device’s setting. Follow the below step,
- Go to Options ==> Advance Options ==> TCP/IP and enable APN settings
- Enter APN value as “internet” and check “APN Authentication Enabled”.
- Enter “web” as Username for APN and “web” as password for APN
- Open Opera Mini browser and go to Settings. Under “Advance” options, click on “Network Testing”.
- Done. Now you can browser Internet on BlackBerry Opera Mini with EDGE, GPRS, 3G services.
Download Opera Mini on BlackBerry by typing address as http://mini.opera.com/