Android 2.2 Froyo released in Google I/O Conference in San Francisco last week. Android Phone users can download the latest version on their phone but if you are not having Android phone then you can try this platform on your computer. Android development site is having the downloadable version of Android 2.2 Froyo SDK. You can download that file and follow the below mentioned steps to run this latest mobile OS from Google on your computer.
[recommended]Also Read – Run Android 3.0 Honeycomb on Computer[/recommended]
How to Run Android 2.2 Froyo on Windows/Mac/Linux
Minimum Requirement to Run Android 2.2
- Java Platform(JDK)
- Powerful RAM at least 1GB
- Min. 2GB Free Space of HD
Android Running on Computer
Follow below steps to get Android 2.2 platform on Computer
1. Download Android SDK
2. Extract the zipped folder and navigate to “Tools” folder inside the extracted folder
3. Open the script named “Android” from the “Tools” folder
4. If you are already having JDK installed on your computer, then you will see a new admin windows. If now having JDK on your computer, then go ahead and install that from here. After installation of JDK, go ahead and click “Android” script
5. Android script will start he SDK manager. Go ahead and navigate to “Available Packages” menu in the left sidebar options
6. There you will see only one link listed. Check that link and then it will start getting package information from repository. If you are getting a message that “Fetch failed because of https” then go to the Settings” option in left panel and check the box which says “Force to use http for https” and then Come back to “Available Packages” and click on that single item available in the list. That will fetch lot many packages from the repository
7. Now go ahead and check four items shown in the picture below. These items are nothing but the Android 2.2 Froyo OS files. After checking the files, go ahead and click on “Install Checked” at bottom of the window
8. Installation of files will take some time. After successful installation, go to “Virtual Devices” option in left panel and click on “New” in that window. Now you are going to add one device in SDK manager. Go ahead and fill up the new form with the same data as mentioned in the picture below, after that click on “Create AVD”.
9. Remember, Adding device may take some time and even may left your system hanged for few minutes. But you will have to have patience in that interval and don’t restart your computer. Once the device will be added in hat list as “A valid Android Virtual device”, you can click on the “Start” button after selecting the newly added device to start the Android Platform on your computer
10. Done! Now you can use the Android platform on your computer to feel the OS from Google. To use Android applications, you will have to get “Eclipse” on your system as well.
You can install Android 2.1 or older versions as well by selecting the packages for that in the step 7 of the steps mentioned above.