Google+ is getting mixed reaction from users all over the world. I am using this new social networking platform and the experience is really good. Once you will start adding people in your circle and the stream page will keep refreshing very quickly, you will be in need of keyboard shortcuts and other powerful features to speed-up your communication as well as to be quick on Google+.
Here are some important tips and keyboard shortcuts to make your life much easier on Google+.
1. To bold, italic and strike out words
‘word’ means word
_word_ means word
-word- means word
That means you can get bold or italic or strike out style for particular words by placing that in above mentioned special characters.
2. To share a post, video or image from a webpage, you just need to drag and drop the link from browser to the status update box on Google+
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard Shortcut Operation
Space Scroll down the Stream
Shift + Space Scroll Up Stream
J Single Post Down Scroll
K Single Post up Scroll
Q Jump to Chat
Return i.e. Enter Start Comment
Return (Enter) + Tab End Comment
4. Install Google Chrome Extension to get notification from Google+ on browser itself
5. If you want to share private message to someone in your circle, then just send the status update to him or her and disable re-share
6. Use J and K keys or left and right arrow keys to navigate in notification list as well.
7. Mention someone (person or company) by adding + or @ before typing the name in status box. You will get list of individual or company profiles on Google+.
If you are aware of any other ninja tip for Google+, do share that through comments or email at email@example.com so that I will add them in this post.