If you are dedicated towards blogging and development and try to provide lot many help to other bloggers, visitors or developer then you should put a donation button on your blog as well. It totally depends on the mind set of blogger or developer but it helps. If you are planning to show a PayPal donation box on your blog’s sidebar or any other place then follow the below mentioned step.
(1) Login to your PayPal account. Go to the Merchant Services tab available at the top menu.
(2) Select Website Payment Standards from the left panel on the window.
(3) As you are planning to add “Donation” button or single button for a service, then go ahead and click under “Sell Single Items” – create one now.
(4) Now you are on “Create PayPal payment button” window. Choose from the type of payment under “Accept Payment for”. You can accept payment thru PayPal on your website or blog for a Product Sale, Services, Donations etc. Select Donations from there.
(5) Enter “Item Name” as you own name or Blog’s Name. You can show a Price or leave it blank. Choose the preferred currency e.g. USD
(6) Now customize the appearance of the button or you can even show your own created buttons as well. Once you will have the code, you can change the image source to show your own button.
(7) Save the button then Go to the Customized. You can show specific page after successful donation or cancellation.
(8) Now click on “Create Button” to get the code to paste on website or blog.
You will get a code something like the example below:
There are lot many people who donate towards the effort made by you. If they find something on your blog helpful or useful in their daily life or business, they donate towards that. You can see PayPal button in Internet Techies sidebar thru which we are getting good response to generate revenue for the time spend on development and blogging.