If you want to upload pictures from your digital camera on any of the web portal say Picasa, Flickr, Orkut etc. then you should reduce the size of the same before doing so. Pictures taken from 7.2 Mega Pixel digital camera would be of around 2.5 MB and if you will try to upload that on web album then it will take so much time and allotted memory.
IrfanView Image Editor is having an option to resize images from a folder in batch processing which means you can reduce the size of images in a folder on a single click. Follow the below steps to perform batch processing on images in a folder.
Screenshot: Picture Properties before and after batch processing
- Download IrfanView and install on your computer (Windows Only).
- Go to “Start” and Click on “IrfanView Thumbnail” under IrfanView tab from “All Programs”
- Locate the Folder from the left side window of IrfanView Thumbnail
Screenshot: Thumbnail Preview In IrfanView
- Click on the folder to get the list of images in Thumbnail Preview window
- Select images by dragging the mouse on the window or using CTRL key
- Go to “File” tab and select “Start batch dialog with selected files” from there.
- Change the output picture quality and sizes from the Options and “Advance” window
- Start the batch process by clicking on “Start” button.
Screenshot : Start Batch Processing
- Final pictures will be saved in the output folder where you can see the change in the file size or memory occupied by the same.
- You will not find any difference in the quality of the image as you have reduce the size and depth of color and that’s why the image size reduced.
It is always better to upload low memory size pictures on web so that your friends and family members who are on slow internet connection can also view them easily.
Related Post: Compress the Image like JPEG, PNG etc of your webpage