Aureola is a free wordpress magazine theme. If you are interested in showing your content in magazine layout on the home page with lot many options to customize then Aureola is there for you. This is a theme with dedicated options settings page where you can control the look and feel of theme with single mouse click. This is a banner and adsense ready theme where you can put banners and Google Adsense as per your choice. Below are the details related to this theme, by clicking on each tab you can see that particular detail as well.
Overview: A free magazine style WordPress theme to show your content on a smooth layout.
Features in Aureola:
- Magazine Style Layout
- Dedicated Aureola Options Setting Page under Appearance
- Low load time because of light weight
- Control the flow of content on home page with customization option
- Show Pages or Links on Navigation bar
- Exclude unwanted Pages or Links by providing Page/Link ID on Settings page
- Banner ready theme
- Paste banner/adsense code in settings page to show 300 x 250, 120 x 600 and 468 x 60px ads on different places
- One click slider installation and control
- Place Logo Image or Blog Name Text from settings panel
- Thumbnails on home page generated using Timthumb for optimized images
- Ready Feedburner Subscription box and Twitter Profile
- Translation Ready
- Threaded Comments
WordPress Version – Requires at least: 2.7
Tested up to WordPress Version: 2.8.6
Author: Tejaswini Deshpande
Live Demo: Lifestyle on Blogern
Download: Download Link from Aureola
Support Forum: Aureola Magazine Theme Forum
Changelog For Aureola WordPress Theme
We will update this section from the next update on Aureola Theme.
This theme is easy to install like other themes of WordPress as you need to just follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Copy Folder “Aureola” from the downloaded and extracted file.
2. Paste it in “wp-Content/themes” folder on your WordPress Installation
3. Activate the theme from Dashboard / Appearances window.
4. Now Theme is Activated, Go to the Usage section to see how to use Aureola.
We will release upgrades for this theme in coming days. You may upgrade to the latest version from Appearance / Themes tab on Dashboard. You can download and replace the theme for manual upgrade or select upgrade automatically on “Appearance / Themes” tab under Aureola.
Settings Panel of Aureola
Tab 1 – Home Page
Style he look and feel of magazine home page by selecting and customizing the category flow on the theme home page. Select the thumbnail image size as per your choice.
Tab 2 – Miscellaneous
Customize the header logo of the theme and also choose to show pages or links on the navigation bar. Customize the thumbnail image size for pages other than home page for example index.php, archive page, search page etc.
Tab 3 – Banners
There are three ready places on the theme to show banners or ads of size 300 x 250px, 468 x 60px, 120 x 600px. You may paste Google Adsense or affiliate code to show ads on three different places.
Tab 4 – Sharing
Enter your blog’s feedburner ID and Twitter ID to activate the subscription box and twitter button link on your blog. To activate the subscription box, you will have to “Activate” the Email Subscription option on feedburner.
Tab 5 – Theme Info
Access the forum support link, live demo link and other stuff related to Aureola Theme.
Tab 6 – Support and Donations
You may support our effort on Aureola by donating thru PayPal account. We will show you name and webpage link on Support tab of the theme after receiving the donation.
Make A Donation
If you liked this plugin, please consider making a kind donation towards our efforts to adding new features to this plugin and developing other new useful resources.