Technorati changed the look of its home page and other pages as well and it also changed the authority system to make it more countable. As per the new designs, it seems that they have placed more number of Google Adsense ads on each page to increase the revenue and the other changes are as below:
- Authority System Totally Changed
- Check your new authority
- Lot many Google Adsense ads and Direct Advertisement
- New Ranks based on Authority
- New Search Box
- New Rules for Authority
Also Read: Compare Terms On Technorati Chart
Here is the excerpt from the Technorati Rules and Authority page:
1. Authority is calculated based on a site’s linking behavior, categorization and other associated data over a short, finite period of time. A site’s authority may rapidly rise and fall depending on what the blogosphere is discussing at the moment, and how often a site produces content being referenced by other sites.
2. The new Authority calculation differs from the past version, which measured linking behavior over a longer 6 month timeframe. Please note that links in blogrolls don’t count towards Authority, as they are not indicative of interest in relevant content; we stopped including blogroll links in August 2008.
3. Authority is on a scale of 0-1000. 1000 is the highest possible authority.
In that case, the new authority will be between 0 – 1000 which was earlier not limited to these numbers. Based on the Authority, you may check the rank for a blog by searching it on the new “Search for blogs” box. It will show you the authority and rank of each result. To search for posts or blog, select the respective buttons on search box. You may filter the search results by clicking on “Click to refine this search” link.
For Internet Techies, Technorati Authority is 514 and Technorati current Rank is 3815. Here is the screenshot of the same,
Please let us know your thoughts about this new look of Technorati.