Ubuntu team has released a maintenance update for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The latest Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS is ready to download or upgrade. This is the first maintenance update for Ubuntu 10.04 which is having lot many security fixes and bug fixes. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is going to be supported with maintenance updates and security fixes until April 2013 for desktops and April 2015 for Servers.
If you want to check the list of bugs by bug numbers, then go to this page and check the bugs in Ubuntu Linux distribution. And the security updates are available on this page. On the security updates page, each issues related to Ubuntu 10.04 has been resolved in Ubuntu 10.04.1 i.e. latest version.
How To Upgrade or Install Ubuntu 10.04.1
If you are already having Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and now wants to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1, then go ahead and upgrade to latest Ubuntu by following below steps,
- Start System/Administration/Update Manager.
- Click the Check button to check for new updates.
- If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
- A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
- Click Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are planning for a fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04.1, then you can download the 32 bit or 64 bit Ubuntu from the link provided below:
You can either burn the setup files of Ubuntu on your CD or USB stick as well. If you want to have an official CD or Ubuntu, then you can get that for free (of course you can choose to donate) from this page. It takes 5 – 6 weeks to get the CD thru courier.