If you are frequent user of YouTube for uploading your own videos say tutorials, presentations, how to’s then you should follow simple steps for search engine optimization (SEO) or search engine targeting. This will help you getting your videos displayed when people will search for terms related with your own video. YouTube is a huge source of traffic for lot many sites and authors who used to upload many videos related to a popular term (keyword). If you want same kind of traffic by showing your own videos on first page of search operation on YouTube then follow the steps mentioned here.
Also Read: YouTube Channel Complete Guide
SEO for YouTube Videos
- Keywords related to your videos should be there in the Title, description, tags of the Video
- Create own channel and show videos from your channel on your own site
- Link back to your channel from your site
- Apply Tags properly by keeping in mind that you are using all the possible keywords
- Description should be detailed and should have keywords in proper sentence
- Choose category of video as per the content of that video
- Check “Share your video with the world” under Privacy options while uploading
- Ask your friends, subscribers and followers to rate your videos
By doing these simple filling ups, you can actually enhance the reach of your videos and can get more traffic from YouTube. When people search for a particular video on YouTube, the algorithm does try to serve them the best possible result from the server. Based on the YouTube algorithm, it hits the title part of the video and then popularity of the same. It also checks the tags, description of the video as well. If you have populated proper terms in these areas and asked your fellows to rate your videos then that will definitely come in the search results. Try to populate as much info as you can in these boxes to get more traffic for them.