Looking for how to Clone HDD to Smaller SSD for Free with Pre-installed Windows 10?
Are you someone who wants to create multiple copies of a single operating system with the same files and folders?
If yes, this article can definitely help you with the step-by-step guide to clone your HDD to smaller SSD for free with Pre-installed Windows.
As SSD drives provide more fast and smooth data transfer speed.
These SSDs are replacing the old HDD drives to by reducing the load time to start the operating system.
This article will provide you with some amazing content if you are planning to switch over to SDD drive from HDD drive.
Clone HDD to SDD for free using EaseUS Todo Backup
If you are someone, doing this for first time or you don’t want to take risk with your data.
Then you should use some third party software like EaseUS Todo Backup which will ease your cloning process.
EaseUS Todo Backup is software developed by EaseUS.
This software allows you to recover, backup or clone your data from one HDD to another HDD just with few clicks, without any knowledge of technical aspects related to programming.
Features of EaseUs Todo Backup -:
- Disk Clone/Hard Drive Clone
- System Clone
- Partition Clone
- Files Restore
- System Restore
- Partition/Disk Restore
All these features will definitely make your life easy.
This software provides you with 30 days free trial in which you can access all the above features for free.
This software is available for Windows as well as for Mac OS. You can also download the software from the link below.
Steps to clo HDD to Smaller SSD for Free with Pre-installed Windows 10
Follow the step by step guide given below to clone your HDD to SDD without any failure or data loss.
- A system with operating system which you want to clone.
- EaseUS installed in the system.
- SDD/ HDD which is to be cloned.
Step by Step Guide -:
- Connect the SDD/ HDD to be cloned to the main system with the help of SATA cable.
- Once the SDD/ HDD is connected to the system. Go to the Windows Icon on the left Side of the screen and press right click on a mouse.
- Windows Icon > Select Disk Management
- Disk Management window will pop up and you will be able to see both the storage drives that are connected to the system. In this case Disk 1 is the HDD to be cloned.
- Right click on the Disk 1 and click on Convert to MBR Disk. Now you are ready to launch the EaseUS Todo Backup on the system.
- Once you start the software click on the Cloning Icon as shown in the image below.
- After this select the source HDD from which you want to clone the files and folder.
- In next step select the target HDD where you want to store the cloned data.
- Hit on Proceed button a process bar will start appearing and once it completed to 100%. Click on the Finish button.
- Now you are done with cloning HDD to Smaller SSD for Free with Pre-installed Windows 10. Now shut down your system and disconnect the cloned HDD.
Issue you may Face while cloning -:
In case you are using a previously used HDD/ SDD for cloning your system you will face problem in Delete Volume in the Disk Management section.
Follow the below steps to delete volume -:
- Open the CMD and type diskpart.exe
- In the diskpart.exe prompt, type following command in the sequence-:
- List Disk
- Sel Disk 1
- List partition
- Sel partition 1
- Delete partition
- As soon as you exit the CMD, open the Disk Management and Convert the HDD to MBR. After this follow the above steps to clone HDD.
We hope the above article have provided you with some valuable information related to the cloning of HDD to smaller SDD for free with Pre-installed Windows 10.
Let us know which method do you use to clone your system in the comment section below.
In case you have any suggestions or doubt regarding the article you can also write it down in the comment section.