Now a days most of the desktop applications are coming on Adobe AIR platform which is really cool. For example, TweetDeck, Twhirl, Reader etc. are already there using different APIs to get the data and let you manage that properly thru Desktop. To use these application, you will have to install Adobe AIR on your computer. Whether you are using Windows (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7), Mac OS or Linux (Ubuntu or any other), Here is the step by step guide to install Adobe AIR on them.
Adobe AIR on Windows
1. Download the AIR Installer EXE file. (~ 15 MB)
2. Run this executable file on your system
3. Select the location as per your choice or leave the default value
4. Installation done
Download Adobe AIR for Windows (Select Windows and Click on Download)
Adobe AIR on Mac OS
1. Download DMG file from the link provided below (~ 21 MB)
2. Double Click on the DMG file. A new icon as same name with DMG extension will appear on desktop
3. Click on that Icon. Now drag the Icon on Finder Window to Application Directory
4. Installation done.
Download Adobe AIR for Mac OS (Select Mac OS and Click on Download)
Adobe AIR on Ubuntu
1. Download the BIN file from the below location. (~ 13 MB)
2. Save the file in Home Folder i.e. Places ==> Home Folder
3. Run the below mentioned code on terminal
chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
4. Now run another command as well:
5. Now complete the installation of the AIR application.
Download Adobe AIR for Linux (Select Linux and Click on Download)
Related Posts: AIR Desktop Client for Google Reader, Read Updates without opening Browser