Spammers are the real enemy of the bloggers. They hit your blog in many ways and earn money by using your resources. They can access your blog thru free links, domain registration or many other ways. The typical and very common way to get the access is thru comments. Many times you receive comments for the post on your blog which you don’t like to be there. It is very important to filter those comments because they are spam.
Today I was going thru a presentation made by Matt Cutts on his blog, which states that how to filter the comments and make sure that there is no attack from spammers on your blog. Below are some of the key points mentioned in the presentation,
For WordPress Users,
- Use Akismet like plug-in to prevent your blog from comments spam
- Always check whether there is so many links attacked in the comment, if yes them mark that as spam
For TypePad Users,
- Use AntiSpam for filtering out the spam
One very simple way to know whether your blog has been attacked or making profit for some other people is to use the Google Alert. Choose to get the alerts for some typical comments spam which you get frequently for example site:clickonf5.org your term, this will help you in tracking whether any cheap site has hacked your blog or not.
- Don’t let users insert code on your site!
- Always opt for moderation of comments in your blogging platform
- Keep checking your server info regularly regarding external hits
Here is the presentation by Matt Cutts,
You can also view the whole video created by him for this presentation. This 22 minutes video is worth your time.
Thanks Matt for sharing this informative presentation with us. We hope to get such presentation from you in future as well.
Guys, Please let us know which spam filter you use for your blogging platform.