If your are a WordPress user and want to include the template archives.php in your blog then this article is for you only. Many of us wants to make a link for archives where the visitor will click and can see the archives in the format provided in archives.php file under wp-content/themes.
” WordPress bloggers are always lucky because they have the power of WordPress “
In WordPress 1.5+, follow the following steps to link the archives.php template:
- Login to your blogs admin and go into Write/Page section
- Write the Page Title as Archives (or any other title which you want) and leave the content part as blank
- Go to the Page Template section of that page, you can see the Screenshot of the same as below and select the template named Archive from the list.
- Publish the page and your archive page is ready on your Home Page.
- Once you create a page, that will automatically generate a link. Link that generated URL in the html with some Title and enjoy the archives on your page. For example say generated URL for archives page is https://www.clickonf5.org/archives/ then link this URL with some text on your home page as well.
In WordPress 1.5, follow the following steps:
- Give your new archives Page a suitable title like Archive Index. Leave the Page content blank.
- Under Custom Fields, select _wp_page_template from the dropdown. Leave the Key field blank, and enter archives.php into the Value field.
- Click Add Custom Field.
- You can use the URL generated for the page as the link for linking the text on your home page