Year 2009 is going to be the blogging year of all time. Blogging is becoming a daily routine for people who wants to share something with the net community. Once you start thinking about creating a blog, the very first question arises is “on which platform?”. Here is the current statistics about the use of blogging platform by Top 100 blogs ranked by technorati.
The article will let you know the blogging platforms of GigaOM, Engadget, Huffington Post etc. Here you will also find that which platform is the Market leader.
Pingdom released a blog platform statistics for Top 100 blogs on 15’th January 2009 where it is explained that WordPress is the Leader with the data as 27 out of 100 blogs uses WordPress.
Related data about other platforms are as below:
- More than one third of the top 100 blogs use a blogging service.
- Typepad is used by 16 blogs in the top 100.
- Blogsmith is used by 14 blogs in the top 100.
- WordPress.com is used by 5 blogs in the top 100.
- Blogger is used by 3 blogs in the top 100. (Including, of course, The Official Google Blog.)
List of Groups who are dominated the Top 100 blog listing
- AOL-owned Weblogs, Inc. has 14 blogs in the top 100. All use Blogsmith as a blog platform.
- Gawker Media has 8 blogs in the top 100. Gawker Media uses its own, custom-made blog platform for its blogs.
- Wired’s blogs are plentiful as well. There are 9 Wired blogs in the top 100, all using Typepad.
Top 100 blog’s platform list:
[table id=4 /]
Market is dominated with the WordPress users because the environment provided by wordpress is very open. Internet Techies is hosted on KnownHost VPS and the platform used is WordPress.org. Please let us know what is your blog platform?