After WordPress 3.0.4, few days ago, WordPress team released a security update through WordPress 3.0.5 after seeing some threat from Contributor and Author access level on multi user blogs. In some scenario, Contributors and Authors access levels can get further access on the site and manipulate data. That’s why it is essential for those WordPress admins who are having untrusted users to upgrade their site to latest version. Before the final release of WordPress 3.1, this security update came. As WordPress 3.1 is at RC4 stage, we can expect final build in next few weeks.
This 3.0.5 update is also having couple of security enhancements for plugins installed on the system which are not following security API of WordPress.
Upgrade to WordPress 3.0.5 from dashboard by using Automatically upgrade or you can use manual upgrade through FTP to upload the latest files on server.
Awaiting for WordPress 4.4:
WordPress Lovers are eagerly waiting for the final release of WordPress 4.4 which is scheduled to be released on December 8. There are some modifications and also some of the features will be added for the new version 4.4
Some of the updates of WordPress 4.4 includes:
- There will be a default theme Twenty Sixteen to replace the Twenty Fifteen theme.
- The comment area will be moved towards the top for the logged out users.
- Removing the “View Post” button and to make sample permalink itself clickable.
- There will be restrictions on the short code names.
- REST API Merge Proposal
- Changing the Priorities for the Filter (4.5)
- HTML Attributes Parsing becomes Opt-In Only (4.6)
The new version of WordPress 4.4 will surely be the game changer and a mile stone moment for such a open source project!